According to Microsoft’s policies, you need to alter your account settings if kids often use it under 18. This will prevent Minecraft from showing 18+ content in the game, which is recommended for kids.
Minecraft and any game on XBOX or Microsoft’s platform can be controlled by the parents so that no adult content is displayed in between games. You can modify these settings in Aka.ms/accountsettings, and today, we’ll be sharing the exact methods to do so. Recently we also talked about aka.ms/remoteconnect error in Minecraft.
With that being said, let’s see how to change Aka.ms/accountsettings settings on your Microsoft account.
What is Aka.ms/accountsettings?
As per the policies of Minecraft, there are a couple of settings that should be modified before providing multiplayer and online matching access to kids. These settings can be found in Microsoft account settings and should be modified according to the player’s age.
If you are above 18 and still getting aka ms account settings notification, you can change Microsoft account settings accordingly and get rid of this notification. Microsoft offers an easy data sync feature, letting you can access the same application settings on a different device, all you need to do is have your Microsoft account linked to that application.
Having a single connected Microsoft account makes it much easier to sync data across different devices, which you might have noticed while switching from an old laptop to a new laptop.
You can easily sync all the related settings from one device to another without having to go through all the same steps once again. Suppose you want to change the profile picture on all the devices that are signed in to Microsoft account, you can easily do that by visiting the single Microsoft account settings and changing the image.
Once the data is synced across all the devices, the changes will be reflected. We’ll guide you through the steps in the following section, but before that let’s see how to use these settings on Xbox.
Aka Ms / AccountSettings on Xbox
Xbox 360 and Live, over time, have made a lot of policy and privacy changes in order to protect child’s accounts while they are playing online games, multiplayer games, and communicating with their fellow mates through in-game chat, voice chat, or whatnot.
Microsoft provides a special set of privacy and safety options for a child account’s profiles. Furthermore, all of the account data between Microsoft devices can be easily synced using the Xbox account or Microsoft account.
If you are above 18, these Microsoft account settings have to be manually changed, so that you can play Xbox games without any hindrances.
To do so,
- Go to the Xbox settings panel.
- You can also do this on your Pc by visiting the online settings panel.
- Sign in using your official Microsoft account with the correct credentials.
- All the privacy settings can be found on the settings page.
- You can unselect Xbox online safety if you are below 18, or keep it selected if you wish to stay more secure while playing games.
- Cross-check all the settings once again before submitting the settings.
- That’s it. Once done, you have successfully changed the privacy settings of your Microsoft account and Xbox account.
How to change privacy settings in Minecraft PE?
If you are signed in to Minecraft which has child account settings enabled for online safety, it can be a trouble to join multiplayer games. But these settings can be changed easily from aka ms account settings, here’s how.
- The first step is to head over to https://account.xbox.com/settings using your parent account.
- You can see your child’s profile. Click on that.
- Click on Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Box.
- Now select the allowed option, and save the settings.
- Once done, you can now easily create and join clubs and even play multiplayer games.
Aka Ms Acccount Settings Not Working – Fixes
Sometimes, because of your Microsoft account’s privacy and security settings, you can’t connect to the internet. It can happen with games on the Xbox that are connected through your Microsoft account. Many people are not able to play Minecraft on Microsoft-connected Xbox. The problem can be caused by faulty networks, slow devices, or restricted accessibility settings. But there are more detailed solutions if you want them.
- The first thing you should do is double-check that the version of Minecraft you’re using is the non-beta edition. The majority of the Minecraft Realms are only available on non-beta versions of Minecraft.
- You may switch to the upgraded model and restart the old game.
- Sometimes when you try to open a game, the firewall or antivirus on your device will block it.
- If it is possible, connect your laptop/desktop with an Ethernet connection. This might make your game faster and better.
Aka ms account settings can be hard to tackle if you do not have any idea about what it actually is. But if you have thoroughly read this article, all your issues regarding Xbox account online safety protocols and settings will be resolved.