Making Battle royale games more interesting, Apex Legends has become a popular release from Respawn Entertainment. With bigger maps and wider lores, Apex is an excellent game for leisure or competitive plays.
But, the real question lies in whether the game supports cross-platform play, and to everyone’s surprise, Respawn has finally added this feature after a long time. Cross-platform is a benefit when playing matches with players using a different device than you.
This article will discuss everything about cross-platform plays on Apex Legends, so read ahead to find out more!
- 1 Is Apex Legends Cross-Platform?
- 2 Apex Legends Cross-Platform Support On PC and Xbox One
- 3 Apex Legends Cross-Platform Support On PC and PS4/PS5?
- 4 Apex Legends Cross-Platform Support On PS4/PS5 and Xbox One
- 5 Apex Legends Cross-Platform Support On Android and IOS
- 6 Apex Legends Cross-Platform Support On PS4 and PS5?
- 7 Guide To Turn On Crossplay in Apex Legends
- 8 Guide To Turn Off Crossplay on Apex Legends
- 9 Does Apex Legends Support cross-progression?
- 10 Conclusion
Is Apex Legends Cross-Platform?
For all the Apex Legend fans, the question remains whether Respawn has introduced Cross-platform plays in 2021 or not. To answer this, yes, cross-platform is available but only on limited devices due to compatibility issues.
There are many benefits you can get from crossplay on Apex Legends, which we have mentioned below:
- There is more versatility in the player queue as gamers can play the game from different devices like Xbox, PC, PS, etc.
- There will be more variables due to different play styles in the game, such as using a PC or a console.
- You will be able to play your favorite mode in-game due to more crowd from cross-platform plays.
- There will be no cheats when playing.
- You get to compete with players ranging in their skills and experiences.
The only drawback this feature has is that crossplay is not available between PC and console players.
Apex Legends Cross-Platform Support On PC and Xbox One
The answer is simply a no. Apex legends do not allow crossplay between PC and Xbox One. Although Respawn entertainment has discussed the cross-platform feature introduced between PC and Xbox One, there is no guarantee that it will be available anytime soon.
PC players can only compete with other PC gamers, and the same applies to Xbox One users when it comes to Apex Legends unless you have the support of a third-party application to have the access.
Apex Legends Cross-Platform Support On PC and PS4/PS5?
No, Apex Legends does not allow cross-platform between PC and PS4/PS5. The main reason may be an incompatibility between the devices as PC players use the keyboard while console players have a controller to play their game.
PC players simply cannot queue with console players, so if you want to do matchmaking with players on console or PC, you need a third-party application for the access.
Apex Legends Cross-Platform Support On PS4/PS5 and Xbox One
Yes, Apex Legends allow cross-platform gameplays between PS4/PS5 and Xbox One as they both are compatible consoles with the game. As long as you and your friends have either of the two consoles, playing Apex legends together is possible.
It is easy to set up cross-platform consoles as they work on the same networks like PS, Sony Live, etc.
It does not matter which console you use, but a PC will not work when cross-platformed between consoles and such devices.
Apex Legends Cross-Platform Support On Android and IOS
Since Apex Legends has started with their mobile beta tests, it may allow cross-platform between Android and iOS.
You can easily play this game on an android device with players who have the game on their iPad or iPhone.
Apex Legends Cross-Platform Support On PS4 and PS5?
Yes, Apex legends allow cross-platform between PS4 and PS5 as they both support the game and come from the same family of consoles.
You will face no issues when queuing with players using a PS4 if you have a PS5 for you to enjoy your game time with family and friends. It does not matter what kind of a console you use; as long as it supports the game, cross-platform is available.
Guide To Turn On Crossplay in Apex Legends
Generally, crossplay is automatically turned on the device you log in to play the game. But if any glitch prevents you from accessing the crossplay feature, you can quickly turn it on from the game setting.
To turn on the crossplay feature of Apex legends, simply follow the steps listed down:
- Open the game and go to the lobby.
- Click on the wheel button on your bottom right corner.
- Navigate to settings.
- From the list, select the option named Cross-Platform play.
- Click on enable to turn on crossplay.
Guide To Turn Off Crossplay on Apex Legends
It is easy to turn off the crossplay feature on Apex legends if you only want to be queued with players using the same device as you.
To do so, read through the steps below:
- Open the game and go to the lobby.
- Click on the cogwheel at the bottom right corner.
- Select the settings option.
- Scroll down and click on Cross-platform play.
- Click on the Disable button to turn off crossplay.
Does Apex Legends Support cross-progression?
Sadly no, Apex Legends does not provide the option of accessing your game data on different devices. If you are playing on one device, you will lose your progress on the other device trying to access your account.
It is pretty obvious to state that Apex Legends will be a lot more fun to play on if it had more cross-platform like between PC and consoles.
Regardless, it is still a great game to invest time in if you are a battle royale fan and also allows queuing between players with different models of console or OS system, but as a PC player, do not expect too much.
Still, there may be chances that Respawn comes with these features lacking in the game shortly. Until then, we hope this article has provided you with all the updates regarding cross-play between devices for Apex Legends.