No Man’s Sky has become a recent favorite among players. The exploration game allows its users to traverse a galaxy. Its highly detailed graphics have kept its users constantly involved.
However, players have recently been questioning if they can play with their friends across different consoles. If you are one such user wanting to know whether No Man’s Sky supports cross-platform, this article will answer this question for you.
Also Read: Is Apex Legends Cross Platform?
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Is No Man’s Sky Cross-Platform Supported?
- 3 Cross-Platform On PC and PS4
- 4 Cross-Platform Support On PC and Xbox One
- 5 Cross-Platform Support On PS4 and Xbox One
- 6 Cross-Platform Support On PS4 and PS5
- 7 Cross-Platform Support On Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S
- 8 Guide to Play in No Man’s Sky Cross-Platform
- 9 Conclusion
As mentioned before, No Man’s Sky is a game of exploration and survival. The users can explore a universe created as one plays in the game, expanding to over 18 quintillion plants.
The aim of the game is simple; the players have to reach the middle of this great expanse. When a user comes across a planet, they have two ways they can deal with it. They can either occupy the planet, construct buildings and plant crops, and so on, or further investigate the space surrounding the planet.
To move across the universe, the users need to use available ships. Additionally, the ships also serve as carriers for the equipment and other items they carry with them. The ships vary in size and shape according to their purpose; for example, there is a tiny scout ship that can hold one person and bigger ships that can be used for mining planet areas.
Is No Man’s Sky Cross-Platform Supported?
Players of No Man’s Sky can be thrilled because the game supports cross-platform playing, at last, thanks to the new update. Therefore, players can now play the same game irrespective of the console they use, which is an excellent benefit for friends as they can team up to scout the new universe. The cross-platform feature works for Xbox One, PC, PS4, and PS5.
The cross-platform support brings with it many additional gains, such as follows.
- Through this, you can connect to people on the other side of the globe and get to know people of different ethnicities, cultures, religions, and languages without any physical barriers stopping them.
- You can team up with your close friends and family and share your love for the game together and explore the same universe together.
- The ability to play in groups allows people to stay in touch, even if they are separated by distance, work, or other interests.
- Users of the game do not have to spend extra money on different game versions for each console they have. They can access their progress regardless of the console they use.
- The cross-platform feature is available on all consoles, which means users will not have to splurge on extensive and expensive devices just to access this feature.
Also Read: Is Dayz Cross Platform?
Cross-Platform On PC and PS4
Yes, the cross-platform support of No Man’s Sky applies to the PC and PS4 console as well. Therefore if you have friends and family you want to play with, you are not restricted by the console they use and can join the same game through PS4 and a PC.
Cross-Platform Support On PC and Xbox One
Similar to the connection between PC and PS4, even an Xbox and a PC can support cross-platform. This means you can play multiplayer with friends who use either an Xbox or a PC. Additionally, you can switch from a PC to an Xbox and vice-versa without worrying about the loss of your progress.
Cross-Platform Support On PS4 and Xbox One
Yes! You can play together with other players who use a PS4 even if you play through your Xbox one and vice-versa. This removes any worry of limitations players have due to the console they use. Players can compete against each other or even team up and explore the universe irrespective of whether they use a PS4 or Xbox One.
Cross-Platform Support On PS4 and PS5
PlayStation users can sigh in relief. Regardless of the model of PlayStation you use, you can play with other players, friends on No Man’s Sky and explore the universe together.
Cross-Platform Support On Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S
Like the PlayStation, players who use Xbox One or Xbox X/S can play with each other without any worry. Moreover, this means that if you are looking to upgrade or switch the console, you are playing with, your progress will be saved, and you do not have to buy an entirely new version.
Guide to Play in No Man’s Sky Cross-Platform
Now that No Man’s Sky is compatible with cross-playing, players often question how they can access this feature and add friends. You can add another player, either before you begin a game or in the midst of a game.
To add another player to the game you are playing before you start, follow the instructions below.
- Using the console of your choice and your credentials, log in to your No Man’s Sky.
- On opening, you will see two options, namely, Play Game or Multiplayer. If you want to add your friend to the game you start, choose the plat game option. If you want to join their game, click on Multiplayer.
- At the bottom of the next window, there will be an option to Show My No Man’s Sky Friend Code and Add No Man’s Sky Friend.
- Add the code of your friend’s code, and you can start playing together.
If you want to add a friend between the game
- Click on the Options button.
- Within the options window, you will see a list of functions. Click on the one that is labeled Network.
- In the Network tab, there are various controls present that you change as you want and decide who you want to add to your game.
- If you want to add a friend to the game, click on the option that says View No Man’s Sky Friend List.
- In doing so, a list of all your friends on the game will be displayed on the screen. On clicking on the friend you want to add, there will be two options on the screen, namely, Show Profile or Invite.
- Click on the Invite option, and they can join the game.
Also Read: Is Jump Force Cross Platform?
This article answered the question that bothered almost all No Man’s Sky users, whether the game supports cross-player. Fortunately for the users, the game supports cross-platform across all the consoles that can be played in, namely, PC, Xbox One, Xbox X/S, PS4, and PS5.
We also listed out the benefits that come with this cross-playing feature and how to add other players to play using this feature. To use the cross-playing feature, all you have to do is know their No Man’s Sky username and add them using the rinds page on the dame.