FPS games are massively taking over the gaming industry and revolutionized esports. With the release of new shooting games every week, developers always face questions on cross-platform features for such games.
Titanfall 2 is no such exception to be questioned for the same. A first-person shooter game launched by Respawn Entertainment, Titanfall 2 was restricted to single-player mode before being introduced to various devices. With that, players were curious to know the details of cross-saving data and cross-plays of the game.
In this article, we will discuss cross-platform availability in Titanfall2; whether the feature works for all the devices, the game can be played on or not. Read ahead to find out more!
Also Read: Is No Man’s Sky Cross Platform?
- 1 Titanfall 2 Cross-Platform Support in 2021?
- 2 Does Titanfall 2 Allows Crossplay Between Xbox and PC?
- 3 Can Titanfall 2 PC Players Play With Titanfall 2 PS4?
- 4 Can Titanfall 2 PS4 Players Play With Xbox One Players?
- 5 Can Titanfall 2 PS4 Players Play With PS5 Players?
- 6 Can Titanfall 2 Xbox One Players Play With Xbox Series X/S Players?
- 7 Does Titanfall 2 have cross-progression Support?
- 8 Is Titanfall 2 online multiplayer?
- 9 How do you add friends on cross-platform Titanfall 2?
- 10 Conclusion
Titanfall 2 Cross-Platform Support in 2021?
Unfortunately, the developers of the popular game have confirmed that there is no cross-platform support for Titanfall 2 so far. With that answering most of the questions, players do not have to feel dejected by the news as Respawn Entertainment promises to bring this cross-play feature to the game soon.
Cross-platform gaming has its pros for players, and the topmost is more opportunities for players to compete and grow a big community for games like Titanfall 2. Other than that, we have listed down few benefits players can get from cross-plays:
- Players can queue with other players of the same elo or skill level to make a balanced match.
- Competitive matches will be easier to play without having ping issues or lags.
- Since cross-platform allows gaming on different devices, players need not make a new account to play on a different device due to cross-play syncs.
- Another amazing thing about the Crossplay feature is that you can enjoy the game with your friends no matter what devices they are playing on.
- Players do not have to worry about purchasing the game over again to play on another device if they already have it on one, so data transferring and account access becomes easy.
The anticipation remains with developers assuring players with their best outcome to introduce cross-platform support in Titanfall 2 between PC, Xbox, and PS4.
Does Titanfall 2 Allows Crossplay Between Xbox and PC?
Sadly no. Titanfall 2 is not cross-platform between Xbox and PC. It means that players using a PC cannot play or queue with players using the Xbox console.
You can only play Titanfall 2 with players having the same compatible device as you, or else it is highly impossible to think of playing with a friend owning a console and you a PC.
Also Read: Is Apex Legends Cross Platform?
Can Titanfall 2 PC Players Play With Titanfall 2 PS4?
Unfortunately, Titanfall 2 developers have not yet provided flexibility for the PC and PS4 players to play together.
Players using a PC cannot match with gamers using a PS4 which may be a lousy drawback to this paid game. You either have to try and switch devices common between you and your friends or simply put in more money to get the game on a different device.
Can Titanfall 2 PS4 Players Play With Xbox One Players?
Once again, it is sadly not possible to play Titanfall 2 with a friend who owns Xbox one while you own a PS4. Although both the devices are consoles, chances are due to different network systems, the cross-platform feature is not introduced yet.
So, if you are a PS4 player, you can only queue with other PS4 players and not with Xbox One players.
Can Titanfall 2 PS4 Players Play With PS5 Players?
Thankfully, Titanfall 2 does support cross-platform gaming between PS4 and PS5 players. With this, PS4 and PS5 players can match and play with each other regardless of the model for a Playstation console.
Can Titanfall 2 Xbox One Players Play With Xbox Series X/S Players?
Yes, Titanfall 2 supports cross-play between Xbox One and the Xbox series X/S. It means that players with either console model can easily play with their friends for as long as both parties have an Xbox to play the game on.
Does Titanfall 2 have cross-progression Support?
The answer is an unfortunate no. Cross-progression is very beneficial for players to save their game progress and transfer it to another platform, but Titanfall 2 has no option. It means if you are playing on one device the game is supported on, you cannot change your device or log in from another device. You have to restart the game from the beginning to play on a different device.
Also Read: Is Dayz Cross Platform?
Is Titanfall 2 online multiplayer?
Yes, Titanfall 2 is the sequel to the previous game and supports an offline single-player mode and an online multiplayer mode. It allows you to play matches and different modes with other players online.
How do you add friends on cross-platform Titanfall 2?
With the online multiplayer feature, Titanfall 2 becomes more fun to play with friends. There are different modes and matches which easily support this quality of the game.
To start multiplayer, you might want to add some of your friends to the game. We have listed down the steps to add a friend or a player in Titanfall 2 ahead:
- Open the game and go to the lobby.
- Click on the multiplayer menu.
- From the Play option, you can locate the option called “add friends.”
- Click on the + mark and enter the ID or player name.
- Now send a request and wait to be added. After that, simply scroll down the friend list and send a game invite to start a multiplayer game.
Also Read: Is Jump Force Cross Platform?
Cross-platform games open more opportunities for players to match and queue with a bigger crowd and improve their gaming skills on FPS games.
With the lack of cross-play and cross-progression in Titanfall 2, it is somewhat disappointing for players to enjoy the game to the fullest as it restricts the players only to the specific devices they have.
The only option is to wait for any update regarding cross-play for Titanfall 2 from Respawn entertainment. I hope this article successfully updated you on all the necessary information regarding cross-platform on Titanfall 2 in 2021.